LOS ANGELES – Comic-Con International, San Diego's lucrative four-day convergence of costumes and commerce, may be ready for a change of scenery. With an expansion of San Diego’s convention center stalled, other Southern California convention center operators are making a play to lure away that city’s biggest and most profitable convention.
ROCHESTER, Minn. – Work is underway on a $79 million expansion of the Mayo Civic Center in Rochester, Minn., set to debut in 2017. When complete, the expansion will nearly double the size of the center’s meeting and event facilities, giving event planners countless new reasons to explore Rochester.
WASHINGTON – SnowSports Industries America (SIA), the snow sports industry’s member-owned trade association, is welcoming a record number of 172 new exhibitors to the 2015 SIA Snow Show Jan. 29-Feb. 1 at Denver’s Colorado Convention Center.
ATLANTA – The Board of Directors of the Randy Smith Memorial Foundation announced that they have absorbed the Annual Charity Golf Cup Tournament that has been played in Las Vegas prior to the EXHIBITOR Show for the past four years to establish the 1st Annual Las Vegas Randy.
LAS VEGAS – Study results help the industry form, sell, deliver and demonstrate the value of sponsorships . Global Experience Specialists (GES), a global, full-service provider for live events, has announced a comprehensive sponsorship study with data from the top 250 U.S. trade shows, top 50 Canadian trade shows and top 50 Healthcare Convention & Exhibitors Association medical meetings.
- CSG Creative earns 10 IAEE Art of the Show Awards
- Jeffrey Rubin joins Testrite as president
- Did Apple steal the show at CES 2015?
- The making of a CES exhibit (or 14): An event producer (MC2) perspective
- ICSC’s RECon convention to remain in Las Vegas
- Donald E. Stephens CC completes renovation
- Entertainment Technology Partners acquires LMG
- FABTECH hosts biggest Atlanta expo in show history